favorite this postCALL FOR HELP: Blood Donors Neededhide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
CALL FOR HELP: 8 BLOOD DONORS NEEDED
We are in constant need of AB+ whole blood units for my Papa's blood transfusion (6 units) scheduled every other week at UST Hospital but any blood type may be donated as replacement so we are looking for people who can help.
His bone marrow is no longer producing blood cells so we are praying for blood donors/good samaritans who can donate to replenish his red blood cells/platelets every 2 weeks.
Patient: Augusto R. Mendoza
Hospital: UST Hospital (Blood bank hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday)
Blood Type: AB+ (any blood type will be accepted as a replacement unit)
You can give blood:
1) if your last blood donation was 12 weeks ago for men & 16 weeks ago for women
2) if you are fit and healthy
3) if you weigh over 110 lbs
4) if you are aged between 17 and 66 (or 70 if you have given blood before)
NOT allowed to donate:
1) If you have cough, colds, sore throat or any infection.
2) For ladies, if you are on your period (need to wait 7 days after)
3) If you have a multicolored tattoo or a single-colored tattoo that's bigger than your hand that was done within 12 months.
4) If you had a tooth extraction in the last 12 months
5) If taking maintenance meds for hypertension or diabetes, can donate early morning before taking the meds and as along as your BP is stable.
6) If you have anemia or low/high blood pressure
Preparation before donating blood
1. Have enough rest and sleep.
2. No alcohol intake 24 hours prior to blood donation.
3. No medications for at least 24 hours prior to blood donation.
4. Have something to eat prior to blood donation, avoid fatty food.
5. Drink plenty of fluid, like water or juice.
Donation takes less than 30 minutes, including screening and extraction, so your time and a pint of blood (450ml) will be a huge blessing to us for my Papa's upcoming transfusion next week.